I'm sure I've used this title in the past as it happens to me all the friggin time!
This morning I got an actual tangible job offer (was woken up with said job offer, in fact), and I received another this afternoon. The one this afternoon, I opted to take over the previous, which also meant I needed to follow up with (1) a remount of a show of mine I'm not longer available for, (2) a theatre I recently interviewed (and was on the short list) for, and (3) a ballet company I am in negotiations with and (4) the previous job offer--all of which conflict with job offer #2. Not to mention my roommates and soon-to-be roommates...
When it rains, it pours alright.
I feel overwhelmed by life whenever this happens. It's too easy to forget how to be a grown up and plan and deal when there's nothing for so long (or only short sporadic gigs that don't really affect things). So when stuff like this all happens within 1 week, I (understandably) get overwhelmed.
I think this will be good, though. Job offer #2 is a good length, it pays reasonably well, and it presents a healthy challenge. It's been a while since I've felt genuinely challenged, and I look forward to it.
All of that "Merrily" stuck in my head. Seems like it was prepping me for this. Maybe it really is my time. "It's our time. Breathe it in. Worlds to change and worlds to win."
And incidentally, tonight's performance of Program A went smoothly with 1 exception (a follow we didn't delete when we did board notes which put the stage into ugly for a lengthy second until we could go back a cue). We went back to last night's bar again. And again, the service was fantastic. Win! I expect Saturday will be full of phone calls...
No comments:
Post a Comment