Thursday:
- I cleaned the bathroom and kitchen and floors, and did some laundry (linens) in preparation for a house guest.
- I caught up with a friend I hadn't seen in several weeks and my houseguest (former roommate) who I hadn't seen in almost 3 months.
- I went to dinner with an odd mix of friends from different circles which turned out to be a nice collection.
- I attended a performance at Steppenwolf's Upstairs space called 500 Clown and the Elephant Deal.
Friday:
- Houseguest and I went to the MCA, the new Modern Wing of the Art Institute, Millennium Park, and several eating and drinking establishments.
Saturday:
- I gave Driving Lesson #3 to my friend I'm teaching.
- I hosted a 1/2 Birthday Party for a friend with a White Trash theme which consisted of Papa John's Pizza (special ordered and picked up from a suburb for the occasion), wine out of coffee mugs, beer, and cupcakes.
Sunday:
- I caught the end of the Pride Parade and then met up with friends for Treats. Post-Treats hanging out was interrupted by another friend's traumatic breakup, and a good portion of the evening was devoted to caring for this friend.
- The latter part of Sunday evening was devoted to beers on the back deck with my houseguest as she was leaving early Monday morning.
Monday:
- I did a lot of prelim internet research for what my houseguest described Sunday night could be my "Great Adventure."
Tuesday:
- Helped a friend pick out a sofa to buy since her ex is moving his out on Thursday.
- Planned to play cards at a friend's house, but we ended up staying at a different friend's house and not playing cards at all. Also, there was an amazing Nicole Kidman impression and homemade strawberry daiquiris. Later, there were $0.99 tacos. It was a good night with some amazing friends.
What is this Great Adventure of which you speak? Guess I'll have to stay tuned...
ReplyDelete