Saturday, June 06, 2009

This Week...

This week I find myself working in Milwaukee. This is my fourth project with this university, so I'm pretty comfortable with the program by now, but my 2 closest friends in this city are currently out of town, and my housing is different, so it feels very strange. I still have friends here, don't get me wrong, and I've had at least one social meal each day since I arrived, but it's just a lot quieter. I'm subletting a room in a 3-bedroom apartment from a friend. I should mention the room I'm letting is from one of the out of town friends, so I know the apartment. The one roommate who is in town currently has not been home since I arrived--I assume she's been staying at her girlfriend's apartment--so it's been eerily silent around here.

I briefly thought about going to see Angels and Demons or renting a DVD at the Red Box, but I'm sort of enjoying the silence, the sound of the cars outside the window. It's rainy and about 50 degrees, so I don't want to go out. I have a couple books out from the Chicago library which are due next week, and I just want to read.

Yesterday was beautiful and warm, and last night I walked down to Cold Stone after dinner. It made me very nostalgic for Uncle Harry's Cones & Cream in Virginia Beach and summer nights between 2nd and 12th grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment