My friend Cat issued A Little Plastic Challenge on her blog the other day, and here's my report.
The challenge was to not use disposable plastics for a day, and since I didn't see her blog until mid-afternoon yesterday (and thought it would be cheating to only count the afternoon), I decided to wait until a full calendar day to be challenged.
Today, I was afraid to touch anything plastic (I didn't even drop off the recycling as I'd planned). I'm proud to say I didn't dispose of any plastics today, but I discovered the majority (by far) of the plastics I use daily (disposable or no) are toiletries and cosmetics with some food products (my favorite hummos is sold in plastic bins), but I reuse and recycle as many of these items as possible. I am also proud to report I washed a ziplock bag today for reuse.
Good for you Denise in reusing your plastics where you can. Isn't it amazing how much disposable plastic surrounds us?
ReplyDeleteGreat challenge! I've become pretty conscious of that lately. When shopping for deli-type items, particularly feta cheese and hummus, I try to choose the ones that come in recyclable or reusable containers.
ReplyDeleteI've been washing and reusing ziploc baggies for a while now. I feel so much like my parents whom I used to make fun of...
Thanks Cat!
ReplyDeleteJane, I used to make fun of my mother for washing ziplock baggies, too.