Saturday, April 11, 2009

TGIF

My paternal grandmother (and only surviving grandparent) turned 85 this week. When I spoke to my dad today he said when he called her on her birthday he asked if she felt 85 or 25 and she answered 25. When I spoke to her the afternoon of her birthday, she gave me an earful about the greeting card my brother sent because it had naked people on a bicycle built for two.

Starting Wednesday, the rest of the week picked up. I had an interview Wednesday afternoon which went well and I should find out in the next few days if I made it to the second round of interviews. I gave the living room a good dusting, the kitchen counters a good bleaching, and the bathroom a good scrubbing.

On Thursday I did 6 loads of laundry! I also consolidated everyone's birthdays from facebook, iCal, and my weekly/monthly calendar onto my UR wall calendar. It's pretty impressive if I do say so myself. Also on Thursday, I finished the audio book of Eclipse (which picked up as well starting Wednesday night), and made dinner for my friend Jamie (including homemade tomato sauce!).

Friday I went to the Bongo Room for brunch with Suzanne followed by the National Museum of Mexican Art in Pilsen and the Garfield Park Conservatory, both of which were quite lovely. Then we stopped for coffees at Lincoln Perk. And just about when Suzanne had to go up to her friend Matthew's, I hopped the train to the Gold Coast to have dinner with Julie and Dennis at Bistrot Zinc. It was a great day--Suzanne often reminded me not to touch the leaves (particularly in the desert room with the cacti), and there was a fantastic moment at dinner when Julie left the table and Dennis (who I've known only a fraction of the time I've known Julie) says excitedly, "So, do you like her?" "Yeah, I'm so glad I finally got to meet her!" I quickly replied without missing a beat. Dennis and I found that incredibly funny and were still laughing about it when Julie returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment