The problem inherent in blogging while unemployed is that while I have loads of time to think and write, I have nothing remotely interesting (to anyone else) to write about. Quite the opposite is true as well: being super busy with lots to write about but no time to write. There's the rub.
For example, my to-do list two posts ago is one item shorter now because I did a puzzle. Yes, a puzzle. Like I said, not interesting to anyone else.
I'm trying something new with this stint of unemployment, though. I am forcing myself to leave the house at least once per day. It is so easy to fall into a trap of staying in and convincing myself that I'm saving money that way, but so far this week I have had enough errands to get me out, and they aren't all errands that cost money.
I do find myself falling into the unemployment routine, but it's early still so I'm not stressed about it yet - I've been staying up later and sleeping in, but I still check the job sites first thing before diving into my day.
It's tricky right now. I've got tons of resumes out, some of which I am led to believe have a solid chance, and one interview on the horizon, but while I must remain optimistic, I know how dangerous it is to begin planning, even in my own head, because of the disappointment that will inevitably follow. Again, this leaves me not much to blog about (at least not in more than these vague terms).
To pass the time, I've been doing quite a bit of "reading." Since I finished The Fire on Saturday I have begun the audio book of Eclipse, the third in the Twilight series, because my hold has not become available yet at the library and I've grown impatient. I'm also growing impatient with the series, and I don't yet know if it's over-saturation on my part or high expectations or the fact that it's an audio book. In other words I find myself more interested in knowing the ending than the events which take place between here and there.
I've also been more domestic than usual to pass the time. I baked banana bread and have been making healthy and balanced dinners for myself, some of which may or may not have been an excuse to wear my new aprons. Today I plan to clean, and tomorrow, laundry. I look forward to my weekends because my friends are free and it's not so much QT with the deesemeister.
At any rate, I need to get out to run another couple errands and get on with the cleaning. It's more than a little bit dusty around here.
Over and out.
No comments:
Post a Comment