It has always been my nature to hold on to people and to embrace nostalgia with open arms. I miss people from every layer of my past often and with reckless abandon. Indeed, I often times find myself reveling in nostalgia--particularly when I feel the urge to escape the present. This afternoon I found myself, for example, with a box of photos on my lap and a thousand stories floating through my head from the years 1998-2002, and I loved every minute of it.
Being so used to that, I was blindsided tonight when I felt, for the first time I can remember, that I did not want to miss someone I found myself missing.
"I don't want the universe to start over. I just want to let it go. I just want to let it go on."
Treading water is no longer sufficient. Never was. I must swim through this heavy, heavy current if I'm to survive with air still in my lungs and my feet on solid ground.
Just breathe.
who who who who who?
ReplyDeletedude. less than three.
ReplyDelete