Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hooray Chicago!

So, the show closed Sunday and I packed up and hit the road Monday. Basically the rest of the week has just felt like an extension of Monday because I stopped counting. But here's how the traveling broke down:

On Monday, I said my goodbyes at TriArts which started later and took longer than I'd planned, so I was late leaving. I drove to BDL in Hartford where the boy was waiting for me to pick him up and drive to his house in Monroe, CT. The drive to BDL was pretty. Well, at least the part after Torrington. We stopped at Subway and spent a lazy afternoon at his house since we were both pretty exhausted (him from a long drive on Saturday and me from the whole summer). We went out for Italian, and then visited with his friend Brian before crashing pretty early to rest up for our drive.

On Tuesday, we hit the road 90 minutes earlier than planned (hear that Mom?). We stopped in PA for lunch and Ohio for the night. Our friend Justin was also driving west Tues and we had dinner with him and a visit with his new puppy.

On Wednesday, we drove up to Ann Arbor to have lunch with Julie. (Yay Julie!) The drive took less time than I'd expected, which was nice, and we got to ride in Dennis's new car which Julie calls "The Batmobile" or "The Starship." As in, "Starships don't need keys." We had a nice lunch at Shalimar, the Indian restaurant I tend to hit with Julie every time I'm in A2. We got on the road again around 3:30 and with one brief stop for gas, we made it to my place by 6:15 or so Central. We unloaded the car (ow my back!) and had burgers and beers at Charlie's Ale House on Clark. When we got back, Lauren was home and I got to introduce her to (as I'm starting to try to call him) Eric. There will be a lot of that this week, so I'm hoping it catches on easily.

Anyway, this morning I reopened my unemployment claim and sort of sorted mail (it looks like a post office threw up in my kitchen). It's overcast and drizzly, so neither of us feel much like going out. Also, being in the car for two days makes me want to stay in and settle. I have some serious unpacking to do!

The weather should be nice tomorrow, so I'll take him downtown and show him (and his camera) the sights!

No comments:

Post a Comment