Monday, March 31, 2008

A Weekend in the City

Here's a sampling from my weekend:

Thursday (sort of counts), I made Aunt Laura's butternut squash chili recipe and cornbread muffins and had my friend Suzanne over for dinner.

Friday evening I caught a 10:20 showing of The Other Boleyn Girl with my friend Andrea (for only $5).

Saturday afternoon I had lunch with my friend Jessica from Louisville Ballet who now lives in Milwaukee and two of her friends.

Saturday night I watched Atonement on DVD with my roommate.

Sunday morning I had breakfast with my friend Nevette at M. Henry. I had the guava and cheese hot cakes. Mmmmmm.

Sunday afternoon, I had a production meeting for Aida via conference call, and also talked to my friend Amy who's birthday is today.

Sunday evening, I saw Boneyard Prayer at Redmoon Theatre which was beautifully tragic and hopeful. I got to see my friend Anna who I hadn't seen since I first returned from Milwaukee in early February, my friend Natalia who I haven't seen since before I went to Milwaukee, and numerous other familiar faces from the Redmoon staff: Jim, Chris, Frank, Michaela, Tristan, Anna, Angie, etc.

I've also been reading a book my dad sent me: Boss by Mike Royko. It's about Chicago politics and the late Richard J. Daley, mayor of Chicago from 1955 until his death in 1976. I guess I'm only about halfway through, but I really like Royko's style. I've read a collection of his articles in the past, and since I'm still a pretty recent (3 years) transplant to the Windy City, it makes me feel more in touch with Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment