Friday, March 07, 2008

Party of Three

Last night I had two friends over for dinner. I made the spinach and black bean lasagna (which I haven't made in what seems like 2 years), we had a little guac and chips for starters (the avocados were perfectly ripe yesterday!), salad and bread.

While I was pulling the carrots out of the fridge, I smacked my head into the freezer door. This morning I woke up with a headache. This is not good.

I was really glad for the company, though. I haven't seen very many people since Monday (I can count them all on one hand), and it was getting to be too much quality time with the D-ster. Plus these two are very fun!

I finished reading Slam by Nick Hornby (thanks Mom and Dad) on Monday, and now I'm reading Mergers and Acquisitions by Dana Vachon (thanks Chris and Elysia!). So far, so good.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a recipe for the lasagna?? Sounds delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spinach-Black Bean Lasagna

    Ingredients:

    2 large eggs
    1 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
    1 10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    1/2 tsp. salt
    2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Pepper Jack cheese, divided
    2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Cheddar (or Colby) Jack cheese, divided
    2 16 oz. cans black beans rinsed and drained
    1 2 lb, 13 oz. jar pasta sauce (I like one jar spicy red pepper sauce and one jar roasted garlic sauce)
    1/2 tsp. ground cumin
    9 precooked lasagna noodles (I never pre-cook my lasagna noodles)
    Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro

    Instructions:

    Stir together the first 5 ingredients and 1 cup pepper cheese; set aside.

    Mash beans with a potato masher or fork in a large bowl; stir in pasta sauce and cumin. Spread one third of the bean mixture on the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.

    Layer with 3 noodles, half of spinach mixture, 1 cup shredded cheese, and one third remaining bean mixture. Layer 3 more noodles, remaining spinach mixture, and 1 cup shredded cheese.
    Spread with half of remaining bean mixture; top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining bean mixture.

    Bake, covered, at 350 for 1 hour; uncover and top with remaining Monterey Jack cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish if desired.

    Modified from southernliving.com

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete