Friday and Saturday were uneventful.
Sunday was a fun day. I met some friends for brunch at 1:30 and didn't get home til 10! We were at brunch for 3 hours, lounged for a bit at Derrick's, almost went bowling but there was a private party, and went out for pizza pot pies and grinders. Good times.
Monday and today it sounds like my roof is going to cave in. My new upstairs neighbor is having the floors refinished before she moves in next weekend, and it sounds like what I imagine an air raid might sound like. It sounds like the sky is falling. I was expecting the gentle hum of a sander, but there is hammering (or at least banging of some sort) and an odd grinding sound that makes me a bit nervous. Not only that, the hammering is severe. Every time I hear the hammering, I am freshly terrified that either the lighting fixtures or part of the ceiling is going to come crashing down on me.
Also on Monday I straightened my hair. I had it cut last week and most of the time they'll blow it out at the salon, but she diffused it, so I wanted to see what it looked like straight. Also, I (finally!) got that part installed in my car. So, the car, at least, is ready for this weekend.
Tonight I've got plans to have coffee with Neil and then dinner at Jamie's with Andrea and Anjali. It should be good times.
And in other news, I'm recently over a bad crush, which is remarkably liberating! So... yay!
I think I'm going to put on some music to at least try and cover up the banging.
And, oh yeah, my birthday is in a week! :)
upon quick glancing, it appeared that you were able to straighten your hair BECAUSE you had the part installed in your car. i thought "damn, that is some heavy duty straightening, you might say."
ReplyDeletenote to self: slow down when reading blogs.
:)
Hey--no fair taunting those of us who never see you with the idea that you straightened your hair and not providing pictures! We want pictures!!
ReplyDeleteOh, and because I'm guaranteed to not remember--happy birthday!