Thursday, March 13, 2008

Gettin' Ready!

I treated myself to breakfast out this morning to get away from the floor refinishing upstairs. I almost wish now that I'd asked her to wait til next week to do it since I no one would be here to hear it. She's not moving in until next Saturday anyway. So I walked up to M. Henry around 10ish and had the black bean cakes and a glass of grapefruit juice. When I left it was 11:30, and I didn't want to go back yet, so I went to read at the Starbucks for an hour or so. That was actually pretty interesting to see the constant stream of people in line, in seats, but it never seemed rushed or that anyone overstayed their welcome. It was just busy, and I enjoyed the energy of it--people working on laptops, taking phone calls, holding interviews, studying portfolios, reading books and newspapers. I guess I should just get out more. :)

I got home around 1ish, I think and, as you can see below, posted a few photo blogs. The work upstairs was still going on, so I listened to the punk band I discovered yesterday thanks to a banner add on Myspace. The band is called The Matches. Their new album A Band In Hope will not be released until Tuesday, my birthday, but we can all listen to the entire album right now for free on their Myspace page. I particularly enjoyed "Wake The Sun," "AM Tilts," "We Are One," "Point Me Toward The Morning," and "Between Halloweens."

While listening to this band, I continued to reconnect with old friends on facebook, did laundry, washed dishes, cleaned the condo, packed, and otherwise prepped for the trip I'm taking this weekend/next week. I think I'm all ready except I need to consolidate CDs for the car since I can't justify bringing all 250 or however many CDs I own but don't listen to very often. I'll do that tomorrow after I drive the recycling up to the streets and sanitation dept drop off site.

No comments:

Post a Comment