Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It's Only Tuesday?

Well, today was long and hard and annoying... Load-in was so far behind last night that even with the electricians staying until 2am and starting up again at 8, they still hadn't focused by the time we had dancers onstage at 5pm. Our shift rehearsal was incomplete because we ran out of time, and when we worked Act I with the kids, we spent most of the time on the Party scene, so the kids in snow had very little time to space. Our crew is overworked and tired, and the house crew is not so helpful, or so I've heard. My dinner break wasn't until 8pm, and I thought I was going to pass out I was so hungry by then--I was seriously incoherent. And, as if we weren't under enough stress and trying so hard to keep positive attitudes, we had two thefts this afternoon during class. $50 and $30 out of the men's dressing room. So, now everyone is giving me their valuables to lock up in my crate during rehearsals and shows.

On the plus side, I think all the furniture and props are spiked except for the cannon. And I was able to give the rail new cue sheets after all the lineset schedule changes, so I felt a little useful.

Anyway, I'm due back there at 8am, so I'm going to crash now. I don't like these 14-hr days. I seriously feel like this morning was three days ago.

/rant

No comments:

Post a Comment