Well, as some of you know, I made it to Fayettevile safe and sound. The only hitch in the day was that I overslept and didn't get to the studio as early as I would have liked. But really, why did I think I needed to be there 90 minutes before the bus left for O'Hare?
Fayetteville itself is super cute. Very small-towny with one main strip and no Starbucks, thank goodness! I'm looking forward to Common Grounds for my coffee fix before call in the morning.
Andrea & I stopped by the theatre to see how load-in was going and it's not going so well. They're very behind. I think they've already pushed back class and rehearsal tomorrow to give the crew more time to get ready.
Anyway, I went to dinner with most of the Joffrey crew plus the Physical Therapist. The three of us who didn't have to go back to load-in split a pitcher of Fat Tire with our pizza. Sigh. I love Fat Tire.
And then I talked to my friend Lily for 45 minutes about the Harry Potter book (we haven't talked since the summer) and her mom for another 45 minutes. I can't get over how grown up Lily sounds! (She used the word cornucopia correctly in a sentence.) She was 6 when I worked with her and she was brilliant back then. That was three years ago! When I saw her last year, I couldn't get over how big she was. Anyway, it was so lovely to talk to her. I miss that girl!
So, my computer is being weird here. I'm connected to the internet fine, but Safari and iChat are not working at all. I tried rebooting, but it just isn't working. So, Internet Explorer it is, even though I loathe you.
In other news, I saw last week when I was at World Market buying someone a Christmas present that Beaujolais Nouveau is out for the season. Get it while you can. Marianne & I split a bottle Thursday night and it was divine.
It just occurred to me that I've mentioned alcohol twice in this post. I swear I'm not a lush--the Beaujolais and Fat Tire are the only alcoholic drinks I've had in two weeks! Not that any of you believe me...
Sure...we ALL believe you...
ReplyDelete