Thursday, October 06, 2005

Introducing: Hot Water

After five days of cold showers, we finally have hot water. In addition, after 60+ miles of driving and 2 DMVs, I finally have an Illinois drivers license with my correct address on it.

I was seriously becoming irritated with the gas company and the landlord about the hot water, though, because every time I called one or the other, they told me to call the other until finally this morning, when the gas company rep came by and I couldn't let him into the garden apt where my hot water heater is, I called the landlord and said, for the third time, by the way, that they needed to take care of it today because this is ridiculous.

And the gas company customer service line is going to get a call from me tomorrow--I didn't have time today what with the driving all over the world to get a new license and then get a license with my address right on it.

And on that note, it's freezing here in the Panera. I can't wait til next week when we get our cable and internet set up!

I'm going to go home now and take a hot shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment