I'm officially a nerd.
I know, I know--some of you are reading this and thinking, "So what else is new?"--but there is a reason for the statement and I'll tell you why: This morning, the cable man came to set up our cable and high speed internet. So as soon as he left, I set up the cable modem and my wireless router along with my printer (directly to the wireless router so I can sit on the couch in the other room and print with no cable-wheeeeee!). I renamed the base station and the wireless network in the same manner in which I've been naming the rest of my computer equipment: after apples. The wireless network is now called Golden Delicious and the router is called Granny Smith. Previous items are: the flash rom is Braeburn, the iBook hard drive is Gala, and the iPod is manzanita (which isn't a kinda of apple, but it means little apple in Spanish). Once that was set up, Marianne and I sat with our iBooks and played on the internet for a little while which turned into 4 hours.
This afternoon we went to Field Days and she found a few items on the clearance rack while I found a coat I like for everyday and a pair of boots I want, so I may purchase them tomorrow when we go back to look at housewares and luggage. We met Soule downtown and came back to our apartment to regroup. The three of us went to Uncle Julio's for dinner where our waiter was not only attentive and efficient, but also adorable and sweet! He even gave us a stack of in-house tortillas to take home. Afterward, we went to this artist compound open house event at Damen and Augusta where a friend of Soule's knew some folks. It was amazing--we got to see the artists' studios. I was very interested in how they had arranged their space--some of them kept work separate from home while others were completely integrated. We met some very interesting and talented people and they had a bonfire (which made me miss the 02-03 apprentices)! And then we drove Soule back to Hyde Park and got the tour of her Co-Op. In addition, at the apartment before dinner, we decided to commission Soule to create a piece for us to put on the wall over the couch, which I'm very excited about. And at dinner, we decided on a Fall-themed menu for the housewarming party.
It was a wonderful day. Sigh.
Last week was kinda busy in case you wondered why I hadn't posted. I'm excited about this week, though. This is the part of my job that I really look forward to.
In other news, it's terribly exciting around here with the buzz of the White Sox. Driving up Lake Shore Dr. tonight, we saw the building I saw on the news the other night with the office lights left on to spell "GO SOX." The restaurant tonight was hopping with excitement and cheering during the game. Even the artists at the party tonight were checking the scores.
Okay, it's late and (even though I had coffee at the Greek diner at 9:30) I'm exhausted (and freezing--I think I forgot to turn the heat back on when it cooled off tonight).
Thanks for stopping by.
No comments:
Post a Comment