This is yours truly, my dear friend Amy, and her friend Kristen at intermission of the Grant Park Orchestra concert in August. Behind us you can see the Pritzker Pavilion lit up with a blue wash. The evening was particularly wonderful because the program was Holst's The Planets and it is an outdoor venue, so many of us laid back on the lawn and gazed at the stars.
I went to my first Cubs game two weeks ago. Here I am near the intersection of Addison and Clark Streets by the famous sign for Wrigley Field. In the book I just finished, Mike Royko claims that back in the day, truefans called it Cubs Park and never Wrigley. Now they named the whole neighborhood after him.
The very same Cubs game. Amy and I spent a lot of time that night noticing all things Chicago converging upon us: from our seats in the high up nosebleed bleacher seats, we could see the lake, the El, Lincoln Park, and of course, The Cubs. It was also windy.
No comments:
Post a Comment