Friday, September 23, 2005

Hometown Touristing

Okay, so Chicagoland isn't exactly my hometown, but since I live here now, it kinda feels that way.

My parents are in town this weekend, so they met me at the studio this afternoon. I gave them the tour (including the amazing view to the North), and then we went to lunch at Giordano's on Jackson. After that, Marshall Fields (Boo Macy's!), and then back to their hotel on E. Ohio for naptime/reading. After scouring through several periodicals and a visitor's guidebook, we went out for burgers and beers at The Billy Goat Tavern at 430 N. Michigan Ave., only below street level. It was an excellent dive--I highly recommend it! We stopped at a hotel bar for another couple rounds of drinks before they had to call it a night because they'd gotten up at 4:30am Eastern time, so it felt an hour later to them.

But I was exhausted, too, so I'm glad to be in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment