oh my goodness my family is all about food!
Today, I picked my parents up, we walked around Old Town and Lincoln Park, window shopping... Then lunch at Ba-Ba-Reeba (try the Sangria and the tres leches! And the empanadas are outta this world). We came back to my apt and chatted with A and watched Anchorman on HBO. I took them back to their hotel, came back and changed for dinner. I met them downtown and we went to Trader Vic's in the Palmer House Hilton for dinner. So good! The Chilean Sea Bass with mango and cilantro salsa was amazing. And the ginger creme brulee.
Anyway, I must admit I've eaten well the past few days, and as soon as I get moved in, I have every intention of starting up again with the Pilates at home and trips to the Bikram Yoga studio. I'm also going to eat nothing but fruits and vegetables for several weeks. And I fully admit that is an extremely lofty goal and not likely to be met, but we must start somewhere.
And, sniff, I woke up with a cold this morning, which sucks!
jealous!
ReplyDeletehere in new haven, we eat leftovers every meal. well, almost every meal.
and i haven't had a meal with another person in a week. i just eat by myself. at home. with no one else. so lonely!
Dear Anonymous,
ReplyDeleteIf it's any consolation, I don't eat like that all the time. Mostly I get by on gruel and boiled cabbage. Sometimes if I'm lucky there's stale bread.
As soon as I get settled in my new digs, I'll bake you some cookies.
cookies? made out of what? boiled cabbage? stale bread? gross.
ReplyDeletei could do with a new pad thai recipe, as the one i have blows. i made this by myself, all alone, in my apartment.