Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Past. Future. Land of Lincoln.

I dropped off 2 rolls of film at the Jewel Friday, and they were ready for me to pick up today, so I spent a few minutes this afternoon being nostalgic for the summer. The pics went all the way back to my Wilmington, NC trip in May, through Virginia, sadly I didn't take any in PA or NY, lots in CT (New Haven & Sharon), one in OH, a couple in MI (A2 and Okemos), and finally IL. There was a picture taken with my camera at the FP closing party of my cast with one of our co-directors and myself. At the last minute, the 15-year-old groupie jumped in, but she's halfway out of the frame. Except for her being halfway there (and I wouldn't mind if she were in it, it's just distracting to be cut in half like she is), it's a great picture of my company. I'm going to find one of those Kodak machines to crop and copy it and send it to the boys with a dumb inscription like, "We'll always have Plaidland!"


Last week I was killing time while reality TV played in the background and found myself browsing personal ads on a chicago weekly's website. One such ad jumped out at me, so I emailed and tonight, a full week later, I received a reply. I feel rather silly about the whole thing, but Mandy assures me that internet dating is quite acceptable now. (Julie's told me the same thing in the past, too.) So, yeah, hopefully, at the very least I'll make a new friend, and get to know my city better.


My friend Christopher sent me an album called Illinois with song titles to die for. "Chicago" (fairly straightforward); "Come on! Feel the Illinoise!"; "The Seer's Tower" was the first that jumped out at me; "Decatur, or, Round of Applause for Your Stepmother!"; "They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From the Dead!!", just to name a few. I can't wait til I have time to listen to these bad boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment