Saturday, July 30, 2005

Greetings from Chicagoland!

Dear friends,

Well, after several days of driving, many new interstates to navigate, watching as gas prices rose and fell, and an extended layover in Michigan, I've finally arrived in the windy city. I spent the first half of the drive terrified about starting a new job and a new life in a new city, but once I exited the highway and drove up Lake Shore Dr., watching the sailboats and sunbathers, I could not contain my enthusiasm and excitement. I parked the car at about 4pm CDT, and met up with my hostess, Amy, who was my next-door neighbor 3 seasons ago in Kentucky and who I haven't seen in over 2 years. We went out for Thai at Cozy Noodle on Sheffield (super cute and inexpensive and good). After dinner, we found a bookstore where I bought a map of the city and Amy picked up the Chicago Reader. We found a show we wanted to see at 9pm in Wrigleyville (her neighborhood), and then we went to sit by Lake Michigan for a while and catch up on what we've been doing for the past 2 years. As it turned out, the show was booked solid and we didn't have a reservation, so we just wandered around (she indulged my scoping out apartments) for a little while and we just got back to her apt for agua. Sigh, it wasn't super-exciting, but it was a good first night in the big city!

Yay!

~deese :)

No comments:

Post a Comment