Friday, June 03, 2005

What are you going to wear?

My parents have been invited to some sort of "initiation" cocktails and dinner tonight at the country club they just got into. Mom's paranoid it's gonna be some kinda roast but is okay with that as long as they just roast Dad and not her because she doesn't have a good sense of humor about "the club." Anyway, the phone just rang (note the time: 8:41am)--it was Chip asking what she's going to wear tonight so he can tell his wife. Grown-ups are so much worse than I thought with this keeping up with the Jones's thing of fitting in. I think Uncle Tom might be the most guilty; he's always calling Daddy asking what he's wearing to this or packing for that. Is my generation not like that or do I just not notice it because I think it's expected and okay for us to do because we're twenty-somethings?

1 comment:

  1. Right on about the clothes. I would say my dad is one of the worsts although you probably won't catch him joining a country club unless they ski instead of play golf

    ReplyDelete