Sunday, June 12, 2005
'n'stuff
Well, my last day in town was okay, I guess. I got all my packing done despite the distraction of the quicktime movie trailer website. I'm all of a sudden very excited about the movie they're making of RENT. There's even an official RENT blog where the director, cast members, and members of Jonathan Larson's family can post about the filming. And the other trailer I watched was for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire which started out with cheesey clips of each of the kids from the first three movies showing how they've grown up. Also, when I loaded the car, I managed to keep all of my stuff behind the back seats instead of folding the seats all down. This impressed me to no end because when I drove out here in May, and Julie can attest to this, too, I had the car full with both seats down. Then I went over to Jesse & Shannon's where we decided not to go to HarborFest. (Actually, Shannon decided before I got there, but I want you all to think I was a part of the process.) We went to this yummy Thai restaurant at Ward's Corner, which brought up memories of Uncle Louie's after firm softball games when I was little, and then rented National Treasure when we found Kung Fu Hustle wasn't out yet. (I think we made it out of there in a record 30 minutes!) I mostly liked it, but as I told Shannon & Jesse, it's like how Da Vinci Code is a dumbed down Focault's Pendulum--National Treasure was like a dumbed down Da Vinci Code. "It doesn't get much dumber than that," Shannon agreed. I'm glad I saw it, but I'm really glad I didn't pay movie theatre prices. Nicholas Cage should win an award for how bad his acting was in this flick. And speaking of bad acting, Vinnie called me this afternoon to tell me that he met Corey Feldman. Sigh. I used to watch The Goonies all the time with MO, and then with Andrea in HS. And this guy at Jenny's birthday party declared his undying love for me because I could deliver with perfect precision and inflection the "It's our time down here" speech from that movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment