Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Arts & Crafts Day

Instead of my usual staple-removing, yesterday and today I got to help Tammy with filing. Ooh, what fun! One of my tasks today was opening new files which required use of the typewriter which, for some unexplained reason, I found thrilling. I got to type file names and numbers on this carbon paper and then lick and stick the names to a manilla file-folder. Then I used the scissors to cut the client info sheet and the tape to secure it to the inside left side of the folder. On the inside right of the folder, I stuck a two prong organizer thing (it's hard to explain). And then I gave the folders to Tammy.

In other news, I went for my follow-up at the oral surgeon's office. He said I'm healing nicely. No dry sockets or other complications (thank goodness). And he gave me this cool syringe-looking thing that just shoots water so I can clean back there without brushing until I feel comfortable brushing. He was also very impressed that I read the little brochure his staff gave me and told me stories of clients who did not read the brochure and did very stupid things. I never thought literacy was so impressive. Something else in my privileged life that I take for granted.

And tonight was movie night with Aunt Laura. She mentioned last week that she wanted to see Pirates of the Caribbean again but Uncle Tom didn't, and he's in Vegas for work this week, so I picked up shrimp lo mein and sesame chicken and we watched it together. Of course, we didn't get all the way through before I had to leave to pick Mom-Mom up at bingo (which was totally our fault because we didn't check the running time and thought we had more time than we did--plus the phone kept ringing). But she had this yummy mango lime fiesta juice (by Dole, I think), and I'm still stuffed from the ice cream she fed me, too. She was going to finish watching it tonight and drop it off for me on her way in to work tomorrow.

Sigh. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment