Thursday, May 05, 2005

random thoughts

Yowza. 4 miles on a one-speed bike into the wind both ways (I'll never understand how that's possible) kinda sucks.

My tattoo is starting to itch like crazy as part of the healing process.

Today's date, 05-05-05, only happens once in a hundred years (Dad said a thousand, but that can't be right--1905, 2105, hm). And apparently only once in an even larger amount of years does it fall on the 5th day of the week (Thursday). Thank you Barry for sharing these little known facts with Dad who was thereby able to share them with me and I with you, dear readers (both of you).

Obviously, today was Cinco de Mayo. We made fajitas with fresh guacamole for dinner and I found a (really strong, apparently) recipe for margaritas on the Triple Sec bottle (which I chose it because the recipe on the tequila bottle looked too strong): 1.5 oz tequila, 1.5 oz triple sec, 1 oz lime juice. (Dad seemed to remember a recipe that was 3 parts lime juice, 2 parts tequila, and 1 part triple sec. I'm not so sure about that either...) Before Dad got home, while Mom and I were prepping, I asked if she wanted me to turn on some music (my first thought was to put our Latin CDs on random). She said we should wait til 6 because maybe the Out of the Box host on NPR would play Latin music for Cinco de Mayo, and then a lightbulb went off in my head and I looked at her and said, "We have satelite radio." So we listened to Latin hits for a few hours until dinner was all cleaned up and put away. All we were missing was Telemundo (not on a Thursday...), sombreros and a pinata.

No comments:

Post a Comment