Mom, Dad, Mom-Mom, Aunt Laura, Uncle Tom, Jesse, Shannon, Kate & I had lunch at Taverna this afternoon for their Mother's Day buffet. It was all very yummy, but my tastebuds were confused because there were scrambled eggs next to moussaka. (Jesse, Dad, and Uncle Tom were even more confused because there was a bowl of whipped cream cheese by the M.T.O. waffles and a bowl of whipped butter by the lox and bagels.) After that, Dad decided we would take Mom-Mom for a drive. This is generally a very boring activity, and I'm not sure why I agreed to go since I could easily have said I'd rather stay home. But I'm glad I went if only to see some of the super-cute houses in Sandbridge and cross the North Carolina border. Also, I'm glad I went because I heard Strong Bad on NPR in the car, specifically "Trogdor! Burninating the countryside!" which made me think of Sarah. :)
The rest of the day was pretty standard: soups and salads for dinner at Baker's Crust, Mom & I went for a walk to 51st street and back, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy.
Oh! I can't believe I almost forgot this! My youngest cousin drove the car she wasn't supposed to be driving into a tree this morning. She's okay, but it's a wonder she walked away at all. They're keeping her at the hospital overnight for observation (in case of concussion or some sort of trauma they didn't notice at first). And apparently, the cop who kept her company til the ambulance arrived wants them to do a psych exam on her tomorrow which she's not too keen on (but which I think is a good idea).
You know, for seeming so worried about me snagging some big NY job, the ballet sure hasn't sent me a letter to sign yet...
No comments:
Post a Comment