Saturday, May 07, 2005

B. Gardens, yo!

What a day! That was the best trip to Busch Gardens I've had in quite some time. We were inside the park and on the Loch Ness Monster by 10am. We went on to hit all the good rides (even got to the new DarKastle, where the wait included chatter about the moustached woman and jokes about how Dar Williams should be getting royalties, before the line got enormous) before sunset and then went back to Italy for the teacups again (though, we didn't get nearly as good a spinning one as the first time, so we couldn't go fast enough and it was too much work), and Da Vinci's Cradle while we waited for the Apollo's Charriot line to die down. After the Charriot (which frickin rocked in the dark, by the way), we hauled ass to Scotland and rode the Loch Ness Monster 4 more times before they kicked us out at 10pm. It was very bookend-y. And the weather was flawless: a perfect Busch Gardens Day, as Vinnie and I would say.

Plus, we got to people-watch and make fun of the many, many middle and high school music students there with Fiesta-Val (those were the days...). But I think the highlight of the day was when we got on the Battering Ram. We split up because there weren't 3 seats together and we didn't want to be inefficient (and therefore hypocritical, after our single-rider line theory discussions) park riders, and we wound up on opposite sides in the back, back rows. I was sitting with some middle school kids, and we started the obligatory screaming competition. After the ride, Shannon called me an instigator, but the kids started it. But really the best part was Jesse making faces during said screaming competition: feigning sleep, plugging his ears, pulling out his hair, etc.

Wow I'm tired.

Park Admission: $39.95
German Platter at the Festhaus: $11
Ice Cream in Aquataine: $3.40
Shannon and I using Ferris Bueller's Day Off to explain to Jesse the difference between the "hookers" in the blue tops and the non-"hooker" in pink with glitter: Priceless.
There are some things money can't buy, but today, I used cash.

Thank you and goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment