Just opened my contract/letter packet from the summer gig. There is a sentence in the general staff letter about housing which reads as follows: You should plan to bring, at a minimum: sheets, blanket, pillow, casual clothing, work shoes/boots, black clothes for those of you who will be running crew, bathing suit, and sweatshirt/light jacket.
It would have been nice to have that list before I put all of my belongings in storage so I wouldn't have had to guess at what to pack. That said, I have all of these things--plus towels!-- except for a pillow. (Maybe I can use my towels as a pillow...) So, I think to myself, I'll just borrow one from Mom and Dad. I just counted and they have 14. I'm not kidding about this: they have fourteen pillows in a house where there are just two of them living. And the house only has beds for 8! Even at Thanksgiving when we had 9 people sleeping under this roof, we didn't need all of the pillows.
I'll have to ask, but I'm pretty sure they'll let me borrow one for the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment