Just got back from dinner with the folks and grandmother (yay Dinner With Grandmother Night). We went to Bravo Cucina Italiano at Town Center for the first time. These kinds of dinners are why I’ve only lost 10 sizes in the past 2 years: cocktails, appetizers, salads, wine, entrĂ©e, coffee, dessert. Yowza! I don’t have to eat for weeks now!
Fiddler last night was great. Walter was so…. Walter. He was a great Tevye. The dream sequence was particularly note-worthy. I was really impressed with Fruma Sarah, the dead wife of the butcher Lazar Wolf, when I realized, she’s a man. Brilliant!
And then Rebecca and I followed Esther to this house near campus so we could say hi to Mikey since I hadn’t seen him in 2 1/2 years. He met us in the street when we parked. He gave Esther a big hug, and then he gave me one (it was a trademark Mikey party hug—one of those where you shift your weight back and forth and sort of dance around each other), and right when I asked, “Are you drunk?”, I hear him mutter from somewhere in my hair, “You smell like the beach,” followed quickly (like it was in the same thought), “yes.” He hasn’t changed a bit.
And I’d like to add that Avenue Q and Wicked are A.W.E.S.O.M.E.
No comments:
Post a Comment