Well, I got through yesterday. The matinee went fine except for the V.Swan cues (but that's to be expected). Between shows there was a presentation for Teresa because she's leaving (again) and going to be a real estate agent in Indiana. There were tears, and it was hard, but I kept my shit together. (See Act IV, below, for more.) Then I drove out to Party Mart and bought 23 50-mL bottles of Grey Goose (for the girls and Janice).
Before half-hour, I gave the soloists and principal women theirs, and after I called half-hour, I made a little speech in the Corps/Trainee dressing room which consisted of: you guys rock, I'm so impressed, you can't tell the boys about this because they aren't getting anything, if you are under 21 I didn't give you this (which caused all the under-21 girls to run in), this is not for consumption at the theatre, etc. They all hugged me and thanked me for the gifts (and Julie Ann thanked me for the candy drawer).
The show last night went okay until Act 3 when Bettina was limping offstage and Julie Ann popped her ankle during Czardas. Regina and Dr. Grossfeld were back and Dr. Grossfeld even stayed through Act IV and Mikelle and her tutu were standing by. Janine came up to me in the middle of this in tears because she's leaving after this show. She said she was going to stay around tonight and say stuff to some people (Delilah, Helen, Mikelle, probably), but she just couldn't do it. And Noel came up to me during Act IV and said he was leaving leaving and gave me a hug. And Beth was bawling when she came off before the March. It felt like the last day of school and I wasn't allowed to cry.
After the show, I had a glass (paper cup) of champagne with Beth, Amanda, Emily and Teresa and had to push through Dan and Jessica's families hovering around the callboard to get my strike done. I did the "Hi, how have you been?" thing with Dan's dad, and his Mom made a comment about them being in my way which I replied to with "Well, maybe if you all link arms, that might be better." :) Anyway, that was suitably weird. And I saw them at the party at the studio later, too.
I'm glad I went to the party, though. I got to meet Etienne (finally), and chat with a lot of people. Neil came as my date since I RSVPed +1 and Ben couldn't make it and since Luciano was being weird with Neil since he's moving soon. And when the party broke up, Neil and I went with Chris, Emily, Justin, to this friend of Justin's house with what was left of the keg. I talked with Emily a little until she fell asleep on the couch; she's great.
Anyway, I didn't get home til after 4, overslept my alarm, missed church, and got out of bed at about 1 today. I'm feeling just a little bit hungover, and I want to have a good cry.
No comments:
Post a Comment