This morning, as I was walking to my car, the manager of the apartments called me over. I was sure I was in trouble (guilty conscience much?), but she just wanted me to write a review of her as a person and as manager. She also mentioned that if I ever needed to come back, to let her know and we might be able to work something out, so I started to tell her how I'm laid off in two weeks and the big reason I'm moving is because I need a roommate because I can't afford my one-bedroom. And when I asked how much two-bedrooms were running, she said there's a $99 first month move-in special right now along with a utilities included special which is only $38/mo. more than my current rent (and I have to pay utilities on top!). Well, there's a no-brainer. Plus, she said if I signed a lease before this lease runs out, she could carry over my deposit. I definitely need to look at it, but I can't imagine a two-bedroom being smaller than my one-bedroom. So, I figure, unless I fall in love with the other apartment I'm looking at Friday morning, I would be a fool not to take this deal. Truly, I have a dizzying intellect. (Not to mention that it might be easier to find a roommate if I have an actual apartment instead of a potential one. And the rent is low enough that, even if I don't find a roommate until the fall, I won't go completely under.)
In the meantime, allergy season has descended upon the Ohio. Wow. The weather is warm and the skies are blue, but damn are my eyes red! I can't decide if I'd rather be A. sneezing with itchy eyes or B. doped up on allergy meds while I call Swan Lake.
No comments:
Post a Comment