Well, tonight we opened Boogie Woogie Ballet, and it couldn't have been much better than it was: the company was really on tonight, all the borders and legs went in the right direction in the scene change, and the two cues I looked at with Connie this afternoon were perfect. The only thing I could have done better was to give Devolve another full company bow at the end because the applause would have lasted. Oh well. :( And Mike asked me to call the music for the third part a little later (now that the rail is getting faster, I can't just go off them because the light cue isn't bright enough yet).
We're running at one hour and six minutes, so I was out of there by 10:15 and on my way to the airport to pick up Aunt Laura, Uncle Tom, Mom and Dad whose original flight was cancelled and since they were delayed and rerouted with a super-long layover, I was able to pick them up instead of them having to take the hotel shuttle. They checked in and then we ventured out for food (for me) and bourbon (for the men). My family is so predictable. :) We found this English pub in 4th Street Live which wasn't too loud inside (surprisingly) and I had shepherd's pie and a chocolate stout. It didn't really taste like chocolate, but it certainly sounds cool. I dropped them off at the hotel after a brief driving tour of Main and Market between 2nd and 6th streets.
I had Ky do henna on my hair and a little trim this afternoon, and he blow-dried it, so that, combined with a little makeup tonight (since I had most of the afternoon off) caused some great reactions from the company and the crew. I think my favorite was one of our carps, Terry Duncan, who exclaimed, "HOLY MOLY!" when he saw me. It's amazing what a blowdryer and a little mascara will do.
I really need to go--gotta get up early and pick up the visiting grown-ups at 10. I think we're gonna go to the North End Cafe for brunch before class. But I just want to say: all the crap I had to deal with all week was made worth it by tonight's performance and seeing my visitors. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment