Wednesday, March 09, 2005
Hello, Voice Mail...
Admit it: You've done it at some point in your life: called someone when you knew he or she was unavailable to talk. And I'm as guilty as the next person. With the popularity (and pseudo-anonymity) of email and IM, sometimes I just want to leave a message and not deal with an actual human being. What, then, do you do if someone answers and you weren't expecting it? This afternoon, I was the recipient of one such call. I almost screened it but decided to answer since I didn't have a good reason not to. The caller said he was expecting to get my voice mail. He could have played it off (I said I wasn't really busy) and had a little chat; instead, he practically hung up on me, claiming he didn't want to bother me at work (even though he knew I'd be there) leaving me looking perplexedly at the phone in my hand. This just confirms my previous suspicion that he's crazy. Not that there's anything abnormal about that. It's just that I have enough crazy of my own, I don't need to worry about anyone else's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment