-Yesterday (and I can't believe I forgot to mention this), I was coming back from getting Bruce's lunch (which is in my job description where?) when some idiot blond chick came within feet (possibly as little as one foot) of smashing the front passenger side of my car in with her masterful skills of not stopping at a red light. Thank goodness my reaction times are fast! Of course, my salad was on top in the bag of sandwiches that went flying when I slammed on the breaks, so I had to pull over and pick a ziti and an olive off the floor of my car (I'm not sure how the rest of it stayed in the container, but I'm thankful nevertheless) and to calm myself down. I mean, GOOD LORD! I was at a complete stop, saw the light turn green, slowly entered the intersection (which means her light had to have been red for at least 5 full seconds). So, when I got back to work, I started wondering what would I do if I got in a car accident while in my own car on company business (in this case, getting Bruce's lunch counts as company business). I never did come up with an answer...
-When did I become video queen? Yesterday I made 25 copies of an audition DVD (which I formatted as well) for a former dancer (kinda under the table) out of the goodness of my heart, and I copied a DVD to VHS for another dancer. Today, I am burning a 54-min. DVD for the Marketing Dept which I will then dub onto a 6-hour VHS at least 6 times (until it fills up the tape) to run in some potential donor's lobby.
-The building was out of coffee yesterday, apparently. Regular and decaf. So, after I put the DVD in to burn and ate my lunch (since I couldn't do anything for at least another 45 min. anyway), I drove to Kroger and bought coffee. This is not rocket science, but sometimes it seems like I'm working with people who have no common sense. When you get low on something, buy more. Especially if doing without it is going to cause people to be grumpy.
-Our Devo Director is taking a long (like, 6-day) weekend over Easter (must be nice) and wants to show her friend in Florida the new ballet we just did, so I'm supposed to make her a copy of the DVD of both that and the new ballet by the same choreographer from last year. I told Mike this and he said she can just take the copy from the archive book and be responsible to return it. And if she doesn't, then we make another copy from the Master File. I love how Mike is all about minimizing the crap I have to do for other people.
No comments:
Post a Comment