Saturday, March 12, 2005

Austin

So, today is my friend Austin's wedding in Boston that I couldn't afford to go to (even though I really, really wanted to). I left him a voice mail last night saying congrats and I was thinking about him because I didn't think I should bother him on his wedding day. Guess who just called me? Yep, Austin. He had some free time since the wedding's not til 6. And poor thing, none of the other guys made it to the wedding. I kinda figured Nick wouldn't be on leave (and he's in San Diego) and Derek would bail, but I was really hoping Steve and Matt would drive up for it. Hearing about them made me a. glad I hadn't splurged on airfare and hotel to be there since I wouldn't see them, and b. sad that Austin doesn't have any of us with him on his big day. He said he was really upset when Steve backed out of being a groomsman 3 weeks ago, but he's doing better now.

Anyway, while I was talking to him, I got this idea that if I'm unemployed this summer, I should do a cross-country road trip since I've never been to the west coast. I could just drive all over and visit all the people I haven't been able to see in the past 3 years. Course, I could never do it alone, so I'd have to kidnap a couple friends to come with me and then I'd be wanted by the police, and that's a-whole-nother story. (I've seen Thelma & Louise, I know how these things work.) So, let's cross our fingers that I find a job because I don't think a criminal record is really what I need right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment