So tonight was my friend Neil's Birthday Bash. It started out a little slow, then picked up and then there was a sojourn (pre-planned) to the Maker's Mark bistro at Fourth Street Live. Over all I had a great time tonight. Luciano bought me the only drink I had out (so I only spent $$ on tip), and it was good times with good people, but here's the funny part: Leaving Neil's house, I had offered a ride to those without wheels, and the one who took me up on it was Jessica (Dan's gf). So we drive together the 15+ minutes to 4th street, chatting along the way--we had two nice long trains to wait for--and we get there and she can't get in because she's 18. We find Neil and Luciano and they're able to get her in another entrance, but then some cops card her on the street and we're kinda screwed. So I, out of the kindness of my heart (it not being my birthday and all), drive her back across the city, past Neil's apartment, to her apartment, and get back to the party 45 min. later. But she left her camera with Jesse--her roommate's ex-boyf--so she asks me to get it and give it back to her on Monday so she doesn't have to talk to him. When I passed through security again, I showed them my arm band and they said I could pass right through and mentioned something about losing my underage friend. I told them about having to drive her back across town and then back, and I couldn't resist by then (it being 1:45am and everyone else having been inside since the hour), and I added, "The best part is she doesn't know that she's dating my ex-boyfriend." Oh, the irony!
On a side note: Ben, email or call when you get back from your ski trip--I have news about your trainee! (and yes, the exclamation point is a definite plus.)
No comments:
Post a Comment