Friday, February 18, 2005

Happy Hour

This afternoon, some of my dancers were done early (at 5), and invited me to Brownings with them for a pint. They don't normally think to include me, so I was surprised and impressed, and after asking Mike if there was any reason for me to not go, I went. In order to avoid sitting by Evgueny, I sat by Jeffrey who was a little too flirty at times (but no more than usual). Eventually, as others arrived (13 total), I was sitting between Jeffrey and Milan (who is, I think, the one I wish I had a crush on, if I had control over these things). At one point David, who went to high school with a girl I knew in college told me, even though she's a great singer, she had nothing on me. :) And he even went as far to ask (him being married, so it's okay) if I had a boyfriend. So I said I had a boy who was confusing me right now. And I told him I'd have him over to play Halo2 on XBox Live sometime. I also mentioned that I'd invited Daniel to play Halo and he said he was sorry (because he knows Dan is pretty good, I guess). It was very reassuring that none of them know anything about Dan and I ever having been together.

Actually, I saw Dan this afternoon, and asked if he was coming to Brownings. He said he wasn't, and I told him how Ben was supposed to visit this weekend and I was going to invite him to play, but Ben had cancelled because of Law School Apps, so it wasn't going to happen. He said he would be out of town tomorrow, so he'd miss it anyway. (Also, Ben, by the way, Dan says you're lame for bailing on me.) But we kinda figured out that he'd be able to play if Ben is able to visit the week after the triple bill, as he said. So, my fingers are crossed. Especially after trying to introduce Adam to the group, I miss having Dan around--he already knows everyone and isn't insulted if anyone shoots him. I hadn't talked to him since Tuesday, really, and I thought he might have been mad at me because I said he was in my way (he was standing in the board room doorway!) when I was trying to strike chairs to the board room after Thursday's "run-thru" of Company B.

Three pints of Vanilla Porter (and half a chicken quesadilla) later, it was all I could do to not tell Helen I thought of her Monday night playing pool at Dark Star because the last time I played pool (in April at the Mag Bar with Dan), she was giving me pointers.

I love Fridays. Why don't I do this more often?! Beer rules! And drinking with dancers is awesome because they tend to have even lower tolerance than us normal people! What a great start to my weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment