So yesterday I was in the studio after class because they were going to run-thru flowers for the Fund kickoff and Amanda did some riverdancey step which led to her telling us about the tap class her husband teaches on Wednesday nights. We chatted about it once more yesterday during the lunch hour, and today she stopped by and told me that he would be starting half an hour early this week. So I went tonight and let me tell you, it's like riding a bike. I was kinda worried I'd feel behind since I haven't tapped in 4 years and I'm new to the class, but I really held up fine, and I had the BEST time! There were only 2 others besides me tonight: a woman who's probably in her low- to mid-thirties, and an older gentleman. I felt like my ability was between the two of them, so I was able to pick up combinations they'd already worked on as he went over them for the other woman. So, tonight's cool step was: flat scuff, heel, step, brush step, dig brush step.
Myra would be so proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment