I always seem to find myself in these situations where I put in a lot of work and get little in return. Right now it's DVDs for the Showcase. In order to save on DVD-Rs and still let the choreographers have both camera angles of their ballets, I am exporting each individual ballet from iMovie from Fri and Sat night and then importing these 2 files into a new iMovie file for each person. This is not as time-consuming as it sounds, but it's still more time consuming than if I were to simply make 5 extra copies of each act DVD. It's not like using the extra 10 DVD-Rs would cause the company to go under or it's the end of the world if the other choreographers on each act have everyone else's pieces as well as theirs. So I wonder if I'm doing it because I'm nice or am I just stupid?
I have also, on several occasions in my personal life, said and done things others have called "brave," but every time I do, no matter how good it feels to take the risk or seize the day or whatever, I always feel foolish afterwards. I know, I know, you have to take the lows along with the highs, but I can't help but wonder if I'm just a glutton for punishment.
I looked up the word martyr in the dictionary and I wonder if #4 is an accurate description of me: "somebody who complains a great deal in order to get sympathy from others."
Is that what I do? Wear myself thin doing everything for everyone so that others will give me sympathy? And if that's true, then what about the people who benefit from/are ignorant of my overworking myself? Why should I push myself for these people and expect sympathy from friends and family who are outside the sphere?
Times like this I wonder if I should be in therapy.
No comments:
Post a Comment