What an anti-climactic morning. I got in over 2 hours ago, and the server was being dumb, so I couldn't check my email or do anything online or log into the server, so after troubleshooting both my machines, a side trip to the basement to spray water on 90 pieces of paper--don't ask, and many snide comments from the big boss about how we wouldn't have these problems if we had "real" computers (he thinks macs are toys), he finally restarted the server, so I can finally check my email, and all that's new in my inbox are messages from Xbox Live, Apple, and Netflix.
Speaking of Netflix, yesterday was Ash Wednesday, and I'd been thinking all week about what to give up for Lent (Mindy in my choir is giving up Diet Coke which makes me very afraid for her students--I've never seen the woman with less than 2 cans on her--one open, one on deck). I'd thought about giving up alcohol, but I don't drink enough for that to be a real sacrifice (besides, it would suck if I couldn't drink when my folks come to visit or on my birthday weekend). I guess I could give up coffee, but again, not a significant sacrifice. I don't eat a lot of chocolate or sweets, so I was kinda stumped, but then it hit me last night (after 2 Ash Wednesday services). I watch way too many movies from Netflix and on TV, and I'm trying to be frugal with my budget right now, so I cancelled my account. I'm not giving up movies altogether, just Netflix and rented DVDs (I probably won't go to movie theatres either, but that's not officially part of the deal), but it'll be plenty--I was watching 4 or 5 movies a week. And if I really miss it, I can join Blockbuster online after Easter for cheaper (and you get in-store coupons!).
In other news, XBox Live is totally kickass, and I wish I hadn't started my free trial in December because I'm gonna miss it when I have to cancel next week. Plus, it's a great way to keep in touch with Vinnie & Sarah, and Ben without talking about actual things. Also, sometimes I just want to shoot things.
Spider! Spider!
No comments:
Post a Comment