Melissa is a 17-year-old girl at church whose mother, Laura, sings alto with me in the choir. Sunday afternoon, Melissa was in a car accident. Her car was totalled (I saw pictures tonight at choir rehearsal) and she suffered some injuries (again, I saw the pictures), but she was lucky enough to go home that day, albeit with a broken nose and eyebrow bone (I don't know the medical term for it) and stitches down her left cheek. The pictures really shook me up as many of you who know me would expect. Laura seemed in good spirits, noting that in one picture, Melissa had her cell phone to her ear, but still my thoughts and prayers--indeed, my whole heart--go out to Melissa and Laura tonight, this week, and until they have fully recovered.
I hope that each of you, my family and friends, know how much I treasure you in my life. Let this be a reminder for us all to show our love more freely and frequently to those about whom we care greatly.
Re: Prayers for Melissa
ReplyDeleteNot only should we remember to tell our loved ones how much they are loved, but we should also be more charitable toward those we feel less than friendly to. They too can be gone in a heartbeat, or less.
A friend of mine admitted that last year she gave up being mean for Lent. No sarcasm, no snide remarks, no rolling of the eyes... The most difficult Lent she went through. Something for all of us to consider. Remember: From dust you came, and to dust you shall return.
At church last night (Ash Wednesday), I saw the mother and sister of a little girl who died in her home's housefire on Christmas Day. The sister still has scabs on her forehead. She will never forget...
Love ya - MoM
P.S. Why would I want to register with another password and code word and i.d. number etc. etc. just to post a comment?