Wednesday, November 15, 2017

There's Change Coming

I realize I haven't written in a while, and I'm not sure that is intentional so much as I just let life sweep me away and didn't worry about documenting it.

For those of you following along at home, who don't get my Christmas card, I quit my job at the end of last year without a backup plan.

In the 10.5 months since then, I've seen a lot of change. It's really helped me recognize that change isn't bad or scary, and in most cases the faster we acknowledge and embrace it, the better.

Since January 1, 2017, I have:

  • Quit drinking coffee daily.
  • Quit drinking alcohol on weeknights.
  • Started eating protein for breakfast.
  • Went on a social media hiatus.
  • Started exercising 6 days/week.
  • Related, learned how to use an elliptical.
  • Stopped exercising 6 days/week.
  • Dropped 2 clothing sizes.
  • Started bringing my lunch to work every day except special occasions when I go out to lunch with a friend.
  • Started cooking dinner at home with my bf a lot more, which means we are consuming less preservatives and sodium, and we are entirely in control of what we are putting into our bodies.
  • Started drinking a lot more water.
  • Fell off that water bandwagon.
  • Started drinking a lot of green and herbal teas (with lime and honey!).
  • Moved apartments twice.
  • Changed jobs twice.
  • Learned a lot of new job skills.
  • Changed health insurance three times.
  • Read 22 books this year, so far.
  • Started packing small, healthy snacks (raw almonds and grapes) to bring to work daily.
  • Stopped arthritis from forming in my neck without resorting to medication or surgery. (Thanks, Chiropractors!)
  • Started volunteering (for the first time since college).
  • Started watching the nightly news.
  • Became less nocturnal (started going to sleep and waking up at least an hour earlier than I used to at my last job).
Certainly, it's been a year of change, and it's not over yet. There's still time for 2017 to surprise me, and I haven't even begun to imagine what 2018 has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment