It's about that time again.
The back-to-school nostalgia is dripping from the Labor Day sale ads, and I'm ready to trade my sleeveless polka dot dress for corduroys and sweaters as the earth begins its annual tilt away from the sun.
The summer of 2014 has been a strange summer for me personally and professionally with ups and downs I still can't entirely wrap my head around. At the very least, I trust my resilience will allow me to learn and grow from the experiences I've had and my optimism will allow me to appreciate each of the steps along the way.
I've had a lot of feelings this summer, especially toward the end of it with the loss of the matriarch, but mostly I feel thankful: I am grateful for the many wonderful people in my life and for the opportunities that still lie before me.
"It's the end of the summer when you hang your flowers up to dry."
No comments:
Post a Comment