Friday, July 15, 2011

Google+ First Impressions

The worst thing about Google+ is having to come up with more original content so as not to repeat posts on fb and twitter.
I also dislike that there is no way to change your privacy settings so that people cannot add you. At least with Twitter, you can make your account private and you get to approve all requests.
I dislike the way the notifications piggyback on each other instead of listing in strictly chronological order. (I disliked when fb went to this format a while back, too.)
I dislike that you cannot make default privacy settings for circles.

I like that it's not crowded--I don't want to add ALL of the acquaintances who found me on fb.
I like that you don't display your birthday--that is one of the worst things about fb.
I like that you can toggle between seeing what you and people you've added have posted and seeing what people who have added you have posted.
I like that when you share something, you can disable its ability to be reshared. Though, I wish that could be a universal setting.
I like that you can edit something after you've shared it.
I like the Places Lived map and photos on the About page of the profile.
I like that you cannot share on someone's "wall" or send private messages. I hope it will encourage use of email or text messaging for personal or private conversations.

I kinda wish there was a -1 button.

Here's a fun parody video preview of the newest Anti-Social Network from Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment