Last weekend my friend Justin was in town from Wisconsin and my roommate & I got caught up visiting with him and I got very tired.
He left yesterday and my body decided it needed to get caught up on its sleep this morning instead of waking up with the alarm.
I'm not used to having evenings free as I have been working a lot of afternoon/evening shifts, so I used my free time tonight to catch up on some business like responding to birthday party, baby shower, and wedding invitations. Then I tried to tie up a few loose ends halfway across the country--and am hoping things sort themselves out with little energy on my part (because frankly, I have little energy to give). And I need to follow up on a recommendation I need to write for someone in the next week or so.
I'm only going to have 1 day off this week due to a last-minute schedule change, but it's going to be an awesome day off. And then I have only 3 days before 2 more days off which will also be awesome.
This is the last week of peak season and the summer performers have started to trickle out. One of my stage managers leaves tonight for grad school and 2 more leave in the next few weeks. I feel a very present lack of sentimentality about it because most people are staying and the work will continue and evolve.
No comments:
Post a Comment