So I was reminded yesterday (thank you Jane) that I haven't kept up with the blogging lately. The reason, of course, is that I've been working a lot.
We are in the middle of tech, presently. The rest of the rehearsal period went along faster than any of us could have expected. Last Wednesday we loaded out of the rehearsal space, which proved a challenge. We had done a run-thru in the morning, and there had been a problem with our truck rental when the Assistant Production Manager had gone to pick it up, so we got a temporary truck which was smaller than expected. Our set barely fit in the truck, and the van was full of props and costumes as well.
Thursday we loaded into the tech space. I had to learn to call the load in so that I can do it on the tour. It took us about 9 hours to set up and focus. In real time, we will have to do all of that in 1 hour and 45 min. After a full day of manual labor, I had a 2 hour papertech with my director and lighting designer.
On Friday we teched the math show. We started with the ending as it is the most technically demanding part, and both my director and my lighting designer needed to know where we were going to end up before they could know how we were going to start out. We didn't finish the math show by the end of the day, so on Saturday morning, we finished teching the remaining 10 pages and ran the ending (which we had thankfully teched Friday) before resetting and running the show for the Producer.
Sunday off was fantastic. I had brunch with Steve & Laura, did some paperwork (including generating a very fancy preset sheet in MS Word with autoshapes!), and relaxed.
Monday was first dress followed by taco night and Beatles Rock Band party at my director's house.
Tuesday was a work day which was productive yet difficult, but was followed by dinner with a college friend, Adam.
Wednesday was final dress followed by changeover to the short story show. (We won't see the math show again until we perform it for 4500 students in 4 weeks.)
Yesterday we teched the first act of the short story show and then ran it, and today was photo call. I used today to finalize all of my paperwork which had been in flux since last week and which I had not had a chance since Wednesday to update.
Also, yesterday I moved from my friends' house in Somerville to my friends' house in Brighton. It's a change of pace, but my drive is a little more manageable and I'm also friends with 3 of the 4 upstairs neighbors who come over nightly to hang out and watch Red Sox games. I think it's going to be a good week.
Thank you Denise! :)
ReplyDelete