Also, yesterday was the first day of rehearsal. I spend 90 minutes before lunch giving math lessons to my cast and director. As theatre-folks, they have successfully avoided math for quite some time, and while I haven't had a formal math class in 11 years, I do get excited about it on a fairly regular basis.
Here are some of the mathematical concepts in the script which we covered yesterday:
- Order of Operations
- Prime Factorization
- Lowest Common Multiple
- Greatest Common Factor
- Pascal's Triangle
- Probability
- The Fibonacci Sequence
- The Golden Rectangle
Please excuse my dear aunt sally.
ReplyDeleteAlso, love me some fibonacci! You should check out 'Math Curse.' a Great Children's book about math.
also, if you or your cast are looking for some well-written books on math and such that are high on story and light on math theory, check out the author Simon Singh.
Also, why are are you doing Math?
Pancake Explosion! Multiple Deaths Are Suspected.
ReplyDeleteI think I've read Math Curse.
I think my cast is math-ed out right now. But I'll keep Simon Singh on my radar.
What do you mean, why am I doing Math?