Monday, July 27, 2009

Someday just began, part II

Now that I've returned to my false sense of normalcy, I have compiled a list to keep me busy this week since I hope to get all my stuff done this week so I can enjoy my visits with Vinnie and Julie next week without a weight over my head...

Here's my To Do List for the upcoming 2 weeks:
  • Laundry (this I plan to do tomorrow or the next day--I don't want to do it now and not have enough stuff for next week's trip).
  • Set aside clothing and other items to donate to Goodwill (this is part of an overall plan to downsize before I leave).
  • Photograph furniture items in my storage unit, and
  • Post ads for furniture items on craigslist (these would be tables or mirrors or art of Mandy's that were part of my purchase 3 years ago and for which I have no use). (NOTE: as of 11:30pm Monday this was completed!)
  • Box up some paperwork from my office to store in the storage unit (this sort of has to wait until I get rid of some stuff down there--this may happen after the CA trip).
  • Take anything that hasn't sold to donate at the resale store.
  • Tidy/consolidate my personal items in the living room.
  • Pack for tour.
  • Pack to store any clothing not coming on tour.
  • Shift dressers/lamps to (relatively empty) storage unit.
What's ironic is that all of this tidying and selling of old furniture are things I wanted/intended to do earlier this spring/summer when I had plenty of time, but it was the upcoming job and need to be more mobile that actually lit the fire to ignite the plan. I suppose that makes a lot of sense, actually.

The current plan is to clear out my room before I leave so when the new roommate arrives, he can move straight in there and the two of them can keep the living room as a living room, and then when I return, we will set up a sitting room, and I'll move into the old LR.

No comments:

Post a Comment