- The view out my bedroom window. When I visited the place before buying, it was summer, and the tree-lined street I look out on was full of leafy green goodness. Plus there aren't any high-rises nearby, so I get a nice view of the big blue yonder as well (or the storm clouds or blizzards--any which way I love it).
- My kitchen. It has plenty of cabinet and counter space, and years ago the wall dividing it from the dining room was taken down, so now it's this big open space with lots of windows and light. There have been a handful of dance parties in this kitchen.
- Triple/angled windows. There's a set in the living room and one in the kitchen. The kitchen set is smaller but has a window seat, and I particularly love that the living room is a shape other than a rectangle.
- Speaking of windows, one of the things I love is the same as Cat's. I have windows that pop in for self-cleaning.
- Having a washer and dryer and a dishwasher and a patio and a big jacuzzi tub.
- The window ledge in my shower (the perfect shelf for the post-tech beer/shower combo).
- The hardwood floors and how charming it is that they squeak.
- All the windows open but closing them keeps out most of the noise on the fairly busy front street.
Friday, July 17, 2009
iLike
My friend and fellow blogger Cat just signed a lease on a new apartment in NYC and posted a blog about things she likes about her new digs. It inspired me to take a look at my place and appreciate it (since it's easy for me to see it more as a burden than a blessing some days).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is a great list. And it's good to re-appreciate the things you love about your space! I'm jealous about the patio but I'll make do with my fire escape!
ReplyDelete