Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Any Indication

Today was not the greatest. I got into town, ran a few errands, and dropped my stuff off at my housing to find that my room is being used for storage. I was a little peeved until I learned that the remaining roommate (mid-packing) lost her grandfather this weekend, so I'm cutting a little slack and assuming she was going to clear out the space before I arrived but was waylaid by recent tragic events.

This afternoon/evening's plan was to tackle 5 of the 9 remaining pieces in 45-minute time slots. An already ambitious schedule, we fell behind early when the scrollers weren't on. Or weren't talking to each other. Or just weren't playing nice. So we lost 30 minutes to troubleshooting which eliminated the 30-min break I was expecting after the first 3 techs. C'est la vie.

Considering we often allow 3 hours for these sorts of techs, I was necessarily impressed we only lost 30 minutes, but the choreographer of the 3rd piece was quite verbal about how inconvenient the delay was, and then moved herself further down my list by treating my crew and I like untrained monkeys.

I hope this is not an indication of how the rest of the process will be.

In other news, my Birthday Treasure Hunt was a success. Daddy solved the puzzle (literally) and got his prize!

In other other news, I think I've decided to give up on my current book, My Name Is Red, which was given to me second hand by an old roommate. I've been trying to read it since February or March, and it has been shifted to the back burner for at least 5 books. I just can't manage to read more than 10 pages at a time, and I can't stand to take so long to read it. I may come back to it at a later date, but I am going to indulge myself now and re-read my First Edition of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment